Thursday, April 24, 2008


What a nice Thursday!! Another "warmer than usual" day for April, but it sure brought everyone out to work in their yards. I actually spent most of the day running around town, but I did manage to stop at Joann's to buy a pretty wind chime for our garden in the back. I love the sounds of the chimes!

Today's card is a birthday card I made for a friend. I started with a base card of SU sage shadow. Thr floral embossed paper you see in the background is from a package of papers from AC Moore, don't know the name. I stamped the roses and buds with SU rose red and Regal Rose inks. The stamp set is Wild Rose by Stampin Up, one of the most beautiful sets they make. Each image has 2 stamps, one for the background color and one for the main color. The leaves were stamped in Sage Shadow and Handsome Hunter. I used the Paper Shaper corner adorner "Wrought Iron" to cut the 2 outer corners. The final touches were a bit of yellow marker in the center of the large rose and an ivory bow at the base of one of the stems. The buds are also mounted on foamies. I am anxious to try the new Peony Stamp set that SU has in the current catalog. The set has been sitting on the shelf down in the craft room and I am wanting to try it out tomorrow. Til then....

Debbie

3 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

I love the "popped" rose buds!

Aubrie said...

I love the dimension on this card. They colors are great too.
You're being tagged for the 7 things game. Check out my blog for the details.

bensarmom said...

This is gorgeous! Roses are some of my favorite flowers. You've done them beautifully.