Thursday, May 8, 2008


Happy Thursday!! Rainy day here in West Virginia.....really makes for a bit of a headache, at least for me! Just got home from a great dinner at church. We get together every 2nd Thursday of the month for a covered dish dinner, small program and usually end up playing Dominoes afterwards. Hubby and I cut out before the games since my headache just wasn't in the mood to play games tonight.

Today's card is definitely one of my favorites. A dear friend of mine in Michigan cut these cards and envelopes at her local scrapbooking store for me and mailed them to me in different colored cardstock. This set is done in Worldwin Dark Purple. The machine cuts the scallops along the card edges and also across the flap of the envie. I took SU Old Olive cardstock and mounted it behind a piece of embossed paper from the DCWV Once Upon a Time mat stack. I used the SU stamp set True Friend to stamp the saying on the tag. Then I versamarked the floral design on the patterned paper and embossed it with dark purple embossing powder. Then I embossed the same design on a piece of the Old Olive cardstock and cut out only the middle of the floral design. That piece is mounted with a 3d foamie to make it stand out. The pale orchid chiffon ribbon is from a local craft store. I used the same ribbon along the flap of the envelope. The floral design was then embossed on the envelope with a light green embossing powder. Quite elegant, if ya ask me!!! Til tomorrow.....

Debbie

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ooh! I just love scallops, and on the envy too! I'm "envy"ous!!!! :-)

Melzie said...

So soft and delicate looking-- lovely!!