Friday, January 16, 2009


Happy Friday, all! It's the weekend already....WOO HOO!!
I finished all my work for the day early and decided to play with a few Cuttlebug dies. This card started with a base card of SU Summer sun, a paper I seldom use. But when I was at our local craft store this morning, a good friend of mine showed me the NEW spring ribbon! I love butterflies and with this COLD weather this week, my mind is turning to springtime! She is such an "enabler"....Jane, if you read this THANKS!! This ribbon is beautiful! I used Paper Trey yellow for the lighter yellow and SU White for the Thanks and the insides of the CB butterfly. After I finished the card I went in with Stickles Frosted Ice and covered the butterflies with it. The I took the yellow Stickles and did some of the corner pieces, the THANKS and the dots on the butterflies on the ribbon. I just love this, there was no stamping involved for a change. Oh, the THANKS is from the set "With Gratitude", also a Cuttlebug die that comes with a pretty floral embossing folder. Now I am waiting for a loaf of banana bread to finish in the oven and I am going down and finish a sewing project that I started yesterday. Til Monday......have a great weekend!
Debbie

8 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is just lovely! I love yellow (:

Unknown said...

how cute!
great work ;)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a lot of great detail.

Sharon said...

Oh how beautiful!! A very nice contrast from our -17 degree temps this morning!

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! Cuttlebug cards are so easy!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Love the cheerfulness of this card, we need some bright happy "yellow" to warm us up!
Good job, so pretty!

Stay warm!

Jacquel said...

Your card is really pretty! love the bright color...has me thinking of spring!!!!!

Aimee said...

is is so beautiful... the colors and layout are wonderful