Friday, May 22, 2009


Happy Friday, all! Hope everyone is geared up for the weekend.....we are! Got our pool set up this afternoon and it's filling as I am posting. The kids love it, it's 12' in diameter and 4' deep. I will sometimes get in on really hot days!
I spent this morning getting ready for tomorrow's card class. Last night's class went well and tomorrow's class is twice as large, so there was more preparation
I found a small pocket of time to finish this card that I started yesterday. I used a stamp from SU's set "True Friend" to make the background paper. I stamped it with versamark. I am really excited about the technique of making my own papers. The cardstocks are SU Pacific Blue, Chocolate Chip and ivory. The ribbon came from a local craft store and the corners are punched from the SU Corner Punch. That is one punch I don't seem to use much, but it makes a nice addition. The border is the MS Doily punch and I finished the card off with some Liquid Pearls and Crystla Effects in the centers of the flowers in the background. I don't use this color combo much, but I like the effect. Have a wonderful weekend and I will be back Monday. Til then.....
Debbie

2 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a vivid blue this is! Fun!

Michelle Forrest said...

WOW - I really like this blue! Great card!