Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Happy Wednesday, all! It's been a draining day today. I spent a lot of time in the craft room reorganizing and moving things around. I needed to work on some secret sister cards and finish a few unfinished projects. It was just too hot to work outside! Plus, my dog has a skin infection caused by an allergy and I am a bit concerned, he is so dopey from the Benadryl and the cortisone shot that the vet gave him yesterday. She said he should be feeling better in a few days. I hope so, I miss his "normal" self!
This card starts with a base card of silver metallic double-sided cardstock from CA Paper goods. The background isn't showing up as well as I would like, but I used the "Polished Stone" technique that Gina K posted on stamptv one day last week. I love the style! I used silver, gold, ivory and a tiny bit of copper inks on the background. The scalloped border is the MS Embossed scallop border, which is so hard to find! I got lucky....The ribbon was a Christmas ribbon from Joann's and the corner adorner by paper Shapers. I used Brown Kraft paper from CA papers as the background paper. Til tomorrow....
Debbie

5 comments:

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow! Just stunning. Love everything about it. I think that embossing border punch just went on my search list!

Teresa Kline said...

elegant and beautiful!
enjoy *~*

Vicki said...

Amazing! Such a beautiful card! Wonderful detail! I am inspired! TFS! Blessings to you!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh I love the cards youve made recently( this one is BEAUTIFUL). I know ive been gone awhile, I was on vacation, and I missed all your birthday cards that youve posted!! Love them all hun:)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love this