Thursday, July 23, 2009

Clouds anyone??



Howdy, everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day.....I spent more time today steam-cleaning carpet AGAIN, this time in our upstairs and all the stairs leading up there! UGGHH! The ole back is aching tonight!
I have been wanting to try Gina K's method of stamping clouds and I LOVE LOVE it! If you haven't seen her video, head on over to stamptv.com and click on the "Clouds" video. Excellent instructions on how to do the clouds like I did. I found a stamp tht I have had for a LONG time that just seemed to go on this card. I cut it apart so I could use the flower head as the versamarked background. I stamped the stem right onto the clouds, but stamped the flower head separately so I could cut it out and "pop" it up with a foamie. I used SU cardstocks Summer Sun and Old Olive. The "on your birthday" stamp comes from the new SU set "On your Birthday". It has the neatest birthday saying for the inside and front of the cards. The markers I used are More Mustard, Really Rust, Summer Sun and Old Olive. The borders are punched with one of the new EK Success border punches. It looks like arrows with hearts in them. Can't remember the name of the punch. Don't know if I will be back tomorrow, lots to do before DH leaves for a 2 week trip on Sunday. Til whenever.....
Debbie

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I absolutely love this card!! The flower is pretty and those clouds are fabulous!! I must watch that video!! They are perfect together!!

Mary G. said...

Wow! Your clouds look great!!! Gotta go watch the video!

Melany W said...

Great idea for the background! Knockout card!

Wow your craft room is awesome!