Monday, November 9, 2009

I am FINALLY back!!!


Howdy, all! Sorry I haven't been around lately, just too much else that needed to be done! After a shopping trip to Ohio Amish country, I had a bushel of apples to make into applesauce. Then there were jobs around here that hadn't been done in a while and I finished them. Embroidered a few shirts for my grand daughter and a few for me, all for the holidays coming up!
Anyway, I received the NEW Gina K set "Festive Frame" last Friday and needed to try it. It's a beautiful set and SO much fun to work with! I used SU Real Red, Handsome Hunter, Ivory and Gold metallic cardstocks. I stamped the image in Versafine Sepia. Then I stamped just the flowers in the Sepia, also. Colored the flowers with the Real Red marker and cut them out. I was going to use 3D foamies on the back, but since I want to mail the card, I didn't use them. I just glued the flowers over the pine branches. I cut out the center of the frame design so the gold cardstock would show thru, instead of the green. The oval classic nesties really came in handy! The pine boughs were punched out with a large McGill punch, which is a real pain in the butt to work with! Had to use my foot to punch the darn thing! I think I need the Martha Stewart one,m it looks quite similar. Final touches included Stickles and the Sakura Glitter pen. I highly recommend this set! Til tomorrow....
Debbie

1 comment:

Mary G. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! (and, yes, I'm screaming it!) LOVE the poinsettias...just beautiful!