Thursday, October 6, 2011



Howdy, gals! Does the work never end?!? I find that I am never at a loss for something that needs to be done. But I am taking more time for ME, lately....

I worked on this card 2 days ago.....found the tchnique on Valita's Fresh Folds. I love her blog, she comes up with some great uses for Stampin Up punches. These ornaments are made with the largest scalloped-edge leaf that is from the Large Leaf Punch. I punched out twelve petals and there are 6 petals used for each ornament. Each petal is scored down the center, then the side of 1 petal is glued to the side of the next petal you are using. Once all 6 are glued together, you leave the back 2 sides unglued. They are then glued onto the card. I used SU Bravo Burgundy, Wild Wasabi and some older SU Christmas cardstock for the background. Aren't they just the cutest things?? Tomorrow I will post a card with ornaments using the SU Butterfly punch. Pretty cool......til then!

Debbie

5 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card. Love the dimension of the ornaments.

Samantha said...

This card is gorgeous I love the 3D fold effect.

Elizabeth said...

Oh I LOVE the rich colors you have used to create this card. I saw Valita's tutorial and you have ROCKED this design. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

love these 3-d ornaments!

Kim P said...

This is STUNNING!!