Saturday, May 19, 2012

OK, folks.....LOVE this card BUT what a bugger to make! LOLOL! The gal that pinned the one that I originally saw didn't really give instructions on how to do this. A friend of mine pinned this first and told me to look at it. After a few tries, I finally figured out how to do the pleated doily in the background. I took one of my Martha Stewart punches and punched the upper and lower border strips from ivory cardstock. Then I cut 2 2" strips of ivory vellum and punched one edge of both strips. Am not sure how the other person did this, but I glued the strips together at one end. Then I scored the whole length every 1/2" with my scoreboard. Next step I folded the whole strip in pleats. I then took an embroidery needle and ran a long running stitch along the unpunched edge of the strip. The whole strip was gathered which pulled it into a circle. The difficult part was gluing that circle onto an ivory circle punched from cardstock. I used my Beacons 3-1 glue since it's a heavier glue and glued it down.To keep it in place, I took my ceramic mug that holds my cutting tools and put it on top of the glued-down circle. I left it there while I went out and cut our 2 acres. When I got back down to the craftroom, it was dry. I found the flower in my collection, had done it a while back using one of EK Success's flower punches. The tag is from one of the newer Spellbinder sets, can't recall the name. The ivory is mounted on a base card of Bazzill Sunflower gold cardstock. Whew, this is longest post I have done in a while! HA! Til Monday....

No comments: