Friday, August 13, 2010


Happy Friday, all! Been a busy day, spent this morning putting the first coat of varnish on our kitchen table that we have had in storage for mamy years. I am moving the current table in the kitchen to the craft room and the "new" table was purchased back in 1988. It's made of solid pine and has 2 pine benches to go with it. The benches are now being used as "shelves down in the storage room. But I sanded down the table top to the plain wook, then stained it with a little darker stain than it was originally. I purchased the table from a local woodcrafter and it was totally unfinished. Anyway, I took off the table legs and painted them a beautiful shade of burgundy to match the wallpaper border in the kitchen. LOVE the way it's turning out! Need to do 2 more coats of varnish.
Had a very small pocket of time today to spend in the craftroom. So, another nugget tin is up for today! I used SU real Red , Handsome Hunter and Kraft cardstock. The stamp is fron the new SU set"Bells and Boughs". I stamped it in Handsome Hunter and used Christmas Red Stickles and my gold Sakura glitter pen to decorate the image. The paper is from the DCWV Christmas Stack and I used the Spellbinders 5 Label die to cut the tag. LOVE doing these and they are SO easy! Til next time.....
Debbie

4 comments:

Tina Connolly said...

Lovely altered tin.

Alison said...

TFS! I love the glitter... I really do need to make these....

Laurie HIMCR said...

The tin is so cute! What a great idea! Good luck with the table. It sound wonderful!

Rhonda Langley said...

Cute tins!