Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday, everyone! Well, after the tractor "fiasco" 2 days ago, I had another wonderful encounter with my hot water heater yesterday! It's been a very incredible week! The dang heater decided to start spewing water out of the top and created a large puddle of water in the storage room. Then it ran under the studs into my sewing room which made me a bit unhappy, to say the least! So, yesterday was spent sucking up water with the shop vac and waiting for the new tank to arrive. I was VERY fortunate in that the heater was installed yesterday afternoon and we had water by 4 o' clock in the afternoon. Needless to say, I had NO card to blog yesterday!
I am now, or I should say, will be, a proud owner of a brand new John Deere lawn tractor on Satruday morning when Lowe's delivers it! I called dear husband last evening and said I was either going to push the dang Troybilt tractor over the hillside into the creek or go and buy a new one. His comment was "I think I would rather see you go buy a new one. Don't think the neighbors would appreciate you running the old one over their beautiful lawn and down the hillside into the creek." DUH!!!! Men can make the funniest comments........but yes, we agreed that a new one was the way to go!
Anyway, I did get a chance to work in the messy craftroom this afternoon after a wonderful day with my 7 yr old grand daughter. We hit the local craft store, ran a few errands and ended up at 7-11 to get Slurpees. I haven't had one of those in over a year! This card was done with more of the Core Dinations Coutture cardstock in a purpley mauve color. I love the sparkle of this cardstock. The embossed piece is SU Cool Carribean and embossed with the Paper Trey "Picnic" embossing plate. I cut the card and the scalloped opening with my Movers and Shapers Sizzix Bigz die, which I haven't used in ages! The "merry Christmas" is stamped from the SU set "Tags on Board". I punched out flowers with the SU Large flower punch and the border is the Martha Stewart "Loop" punch. I found some large rhinestones in my collection and used them for the flower centers. Well, it's been a busy day and I need to go check out some blogs, need a few more ideas for August card classes. Til tomorrow......
Debbie

2 comments:

Tina Connolly said...

Lovely cards and blog. Hope your week gets better.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Michelle VP said...

Love the colors and texture on your card. I'm glad you've gotten a new tractor and hw heater. Sometimes it's just gotta be in with the new and out with the old. :)