Thursday, February 24, 2011


Happy Thursday, all! I am totally into these "Owl Roses"....need to mention the one I did yesterday the petals are flaring forward instead of the way Valita did it in the video. This card today is how she did them.
I used SU colors Groovy Guava and Cool Caribbean, also Wausau Gold Glimmer cardstock. I watched a Gina K video yesterday where she made her own embossed background and thought it would go well with this design. The stamp I used for the background is from the SU set "Elements of style". I used the Martha Stewart Doily border punch, using it on both the background colored pieces. After I assembled the rose, I used my 18k gold leaf pen to "gold" the edges of each petal. What I would really like to try is a white embossed rose on a white card for an upcoming wedding. Have a great rest of the week! Til tomorrow....
Debbie

3 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Very pretty! I really like the owl roses.

Unknown said...

Ohhh...this is gorgeous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous! I love the flower and the beautiful gold accents! Very elegant! :)