Tuesday, May 13, 2008


What a beautiful day here in West Virginia! It's been a busy day, starting with voting in the primary, running errands, paying bills and stopping at the local craft store. Went to our Joann's, but was so disgusted with their selections, that I just turned around and walked out! I WANT A J'S SUPPERSTORE......LOL!!! Actually, it isn't funny. When I got home, I went out and cut half of our 2 acres of ground with the tractor. Felt good, since I haven't done any yard work since surgery.

But I did find time to sneak down to the craft room and do a card. While at the craft store this morning, I found a BUNCH of ANita's stamps marked down for .50 each.....yes, you heard me right!! The stamp I used on this card was one of them. I used my Sakura Glaze and Souffle gel pens to color in the stamp after I stamped it with black Versafine on SU glossy paper. I wanted it to look like stained glass. Then I mounted it on silver metallic cardstock from DCWV. Then came a layer of Tempting Turquoise, and I mounted the picture on Lovely Lilac card. The embossed lines you see on the lilac card were done with my favorite tool......my Scor Pal!! Every cardmaker NEEDS one of these! The saying was also a .50 stamp and I embossed it on the silver metallic with red embossing powder. Now, I just need to decide what to put on the inside....til tomorrow!
Debbie

2 comments:

Lizette said...

This card is so pretty ! I like how you coloured it in. I use the Sakura gel pens too although I haven't used them in a long time. I should use them more. Maybe you've inspired me !

Jennifer Murai said...

You have a very beautiful and elegant style. Thanks for sharing.