Monday, September 15, 2008

Black and White Card

Happy Monday, all! It's been a beautiful day, not as hot as it's been, so I spent most of today outside on the tractor cutting grass.....such fun!!!
I did this card Sunday afternoon for a card challenge on my fav craft forum. We were to use the "paper piecing" technique, which involves stamping your image twice; once on the white and also on the paper that you will be cutting out. I used the SU "Merci" stamp set and did the butterfly's wings and the heart at the base of the flower. Since I love the Hot Fix gems, I just HAD to use some to add some color to the black and white. It was a very different and unique technique. Til tomorrow......Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I love the black and white! Also, you have a fantastic stamp room -- WOW!

Rachel

Lorraine said...

i love black and white cards. this one is great. love that Merci set. thanks for sharing your art

Dragana Skoro said...

Very nice card. Thanks for sharing.

~ j said...

i love this BW butterfly!!